Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Director's Chair

   


 I Photoshopped myself into the directors chair by taking two images. The first is of me sitting in a chair on a beach and the second was a still of the chair on the stage.

     First I had to flip the image of the chair so the direction of the light would line up correct. The spotlight was coming from the opposite direction of the sun in the picture of myself. After I flipped the picture I had to resize the the picture of me. I scaled it down to about half the original size and it lined up perfect.

     After it lined up I started to remove the background of the beach. I used the eraser tool with a hard edge to get rid of most the background and when it came to the fine edging around my face and hair I used a feather so it would still have some strands of hair. I was able to blend the dark background pretty well and the darks went together to give the allusion that I was sitting in the chair.
   
     When everything was blended together all that was left was to crop the picture so my legs were not cut off. I resized and the picture and flattened the layers together. Then saved it as a .JPEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment