Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Screenplay Cover


This is the screenplay cover I designed for my 333 script. I chose this combination of colors and fonts because I wanted to keep it as simple and streamlined as possible with drawing the interest of a perspective reader. The red and grey always seem to convey the message of something a bit darker and sinister. My screenplay is on the darker supernatural side so the combination is giving off the right vibe.

The all grey solid background seems to draw attention and if my screenplay is sitting in the middle of a stack with a hundred others then I want it to be memorable and get the attention of the producer about to read it. Most screenplay covers will be a solid white with black font in small lettering. I used a larger font for the 333 so the reader would remember the title better. After they read mine Im sure they will be reading many more so simply by making the title a bit larger it will hopefully stand out in their mind. I off centered the copyright and made it a simple black because it serves only one purpose, to let the reader know I have copyrighted the story and idea. Showes I am taking my work seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment